We slept soundly.
We read many books.
We all came home with tanned limbs, despite our religious application of sunscreen.
We watched spadefish circle our ankles in the water, and captured sand dollars and starfish in the waves.
Ella learned to swim fearlessly under water, and we delighted not only in her sudden progress, but also at the sight of her lithe little body wriggling like a fish beneath the rippling blue surface.
We cooked and shared meals with my parents and my sister's little family of 3.
We witnessed my niece's first flight in an airplane, and her first moments on a Florida beach.
We imbibed mojitos and pina coladas at sunset each evening...
...and we bathed in the light of the golden hour.


"small waves, slowly paced, broke lullingly along a thinning
beach; I listened to my child sing her part of this ceremony."
[excerpt from The Evening Light Presuming our Wishes by R.D. King]

Great post... I especially love the ending the the poem and, of course, these great photos of Ella! Oh, and thanks for giving me props on the only book that I read cover-to-cover when I know you could have listed the 4 or 5 books you read in their entirety.
ReplyDeleteThese are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of good memories!
Love, Mom & Dad
These photos are simply wonderful <3
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love how you captured "the golden hour" - I like to call it the perfect time of day :)
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your photography, Lauren!
ReplyDelete