Today's snapshot is just further proof that a picture need not be 'spot on' or technically perfect to be important. To speak volumes. To sum up the weight of a relationship, the essence of a person.
This weekend has been characterized, by and large, by stillness. There have been lots of silent moments. I've had plenty of space carved out for uninterrupted thought. And as an introvert, I can't tell you how refreshing it's been.
And yet...
I find myself, 2 days in, missing the perpetual motion of my girl. The constant cloud of chatter. The continual pile-up of play-related clutter. I miss the temperature of her small, sleep-warmed body when she crawls straight out of her bed and into my lap. The tug of her hand, the tangle of her hair. The energy of my little extrovert.

Come home, Ella...

couldn't have spoken my own feelings about my children separating from me any better.
ReplyDeletejoanne
That's beautiful!
ReplyDelete