Saturday, August 7, 2010

will you still need me, will you still feed me

Today, as we strolled home from the Farmer's Market, arms weighted down with fresh, local produce, I felt especially glad that I'd made a last minute dash for my camera before leaving the house. I mean, really- that HAT?! Too much!



I definitely stepped outside of my comfort zone to stop this kind gent on the street, and ask if he'd mind posing for a photo. But boy am I glad I mustered up the courage. He was such a good sport to indulge me!

What do you think of his hat? When I read that sentiment, my hope is that I can embody a similar spunk and tenacity long before I achieve senior citizen status. In fact, I'd like to start living like this TODAY! Doing my best with what I have at my disposal right now, rather than assuming that there is something more that I need. Appreciating all that is present in my life today, while still reaching for the stars. Not getting down on myself because I don't quite feel like I've "arrived" yet. (Whatever that means.) Embracing myself in this moment and knowing that I am enough.

(And that out of this raw material, great things will emerge.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh! I LOVE Senior Citizens. And that hat is nothing short of FANTASTICAL : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, he is PRECIOUS. What a great moment to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LwK- Welcome to my blog...always lovely to see 'new faces' around these parts...hope to hear from you again soon :)

    Stine- And to think I *almost* didn't bring my camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, love it! Stopping by trying to visit some fellow August Breakers, LOVE your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, kelly! glad you came over...and hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed